The Marketing Cluster prepares learners for careers in planning, managing, and performing marketing activities to reach organizational objectives.
- Individuals pursuing a career in the Marketing Management Pathway formulate policies and direct the operations of businesses and corporations, nonprofit institutions and other organizations. In small firms, the owner or chief executive officer may assume all advertising, promotions, marketing, sales and public relations responsibilities. In large firms, which may offer numerous products and services nationally or even worldwide, an executive vice president directs overall advertising, promotions, marketing, sales and public relations policies.
- Individuals pursuing a career in the in the Professional Sales Pathway are involved in the transfer of goods and services in the economy, both to businesses and to individual consumers.
- Individuals pursuing a career in the Merchandising Pathway get the product into the hands of the customer. This process includes forecasting, planning, buying, displaying, selling and providing customer service.
- Individuals pursuing a career in the Marketing Communications Pathway plan, coordinate, and implement marketing strategies, advertising, promotion and public relations activities. Because of the importance and high visibility of their jobs, these individuals often are prime candidates for advancement.
- Individuals pursuing a career in the Marketing Research Pathway are concerned with understanding people and organizations. They collect and analyze many different types of information to design new products, to predict future sales, and to position their own company's strategies against those of its competitors.
- With the changes currently made to the Marketing Cluster, the Distribution and Logistics Pathway as well as the E-Marketing pathway have been removed from this cluster. Because the CIP mapping of CIP codes has not been completed to reflect these changes, we have left these pathways within this cluster until such time we are informed as to where they will be placed within the cluster structure.
Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Cluster Level Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Marketing Management Pathway Level Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Professional Sales Pathway Level Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Merchandising Pathway Level Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Marketing Communications Pathway Level Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Marketing Research Pathway Level Knowledge and Skill Statements