This diverse Career Cluster prepares individuals for employment in career pathways related to families and human needs.
- Individuals pursuing careers in the Early Childhood Development and Services Pathway nurture and teach children. They provide services in childcare centers, nursery schools, preschools, public schools, private households, family childcare homes, and before- and after-school programs.
- Individuals pursuing a career in Counseling & Mental Health Services Pathway assist people with personal, family, educational, mental health, and career decisions and problems. Mental health care may be provided in hospitals, clinics, schools or private settings.
- Individuals pursuing a career in the Family & Community Services Pathway help the homeless, housebound, and infirm cope with circumstances of daily living; counsel troubled and emotionally disturbed individuals; train or retrain the unemployed or underemployed; care for the elderly and the physically and mentally disabled; help the needy obtain financial assistance; and solicit contributions for various social services organizations.
- Individuals pursuing a career in the Personal Care Services Pathway assist individuals with their personal appearance, including shampooing, cutting, coloring and styling hair; giving manicures, pedicures, and scalp and facial treatments; providing makeup analysis; cleaning and styling wigs and hairpieces; and providing personal fitness training. Also, within personal care services, funeral directors and attendants make funeral arrangements for grieving families.
- Individuals pursuing a career in the Consumer Services Pathway assist individuals with decisions and problems relating to finance, real estate, insurance and consumer goods.
Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Cluster Level Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Early Childhood Development and Services Pathway Level Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Counseling and Mental Health Services Pathway Level Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Family and Community Services Pathway Level Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Personal Care Services Pathway Level Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Consumer Services