The Hospitality & Tourism Cluster prepares learners for careers in the management, marketing and operations of restaurants and other food services, lodging, attractions, recreational events and travel-related services. Hospitality operations are located in communities throughout the world.
- Individuals pursuing a career in the Restaurants and Food/Beverage Services Pathway perform a variety of tasks to maintain operations and promote guest services in eating and drinking establishments.
- Individuals pursuing a career in the Lodging Pathway perform tasks related to the operation of lodging facilities and the care of guests who use these facilities, either through direct guest contact or the provision of background services that enhance the guest experience.
- Individuals pursuing a career in the Travel and Tourism Pathway focus on the development, research, packaging, promotion and delivery of a traveler's experiences. Employees may be involved in developing a heritage area for the enjoyment and education of visitors, creating guide books, planning trips and events, managing a customer's travel plans or overseeing a huge urban convention center.
- Individuals pursuing a career in Recreation, Amusements & Attractions Pathway experience many exciting and diverse work situations. The work is often demanding but never boring. Good customer service skills are essential for success. Employees must also understand what makes each operation unique. Technical skills are location-specific, and training is handled on the job.
Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Cluster Level Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Restaurants and Food/Beverage Services Pathway Level Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Lodging Pathway Level Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Travel & Tourism Pathway Level Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Recreation, Amusements & Attractions