This diverse Career Cluster prepares learners for careers in planning, managing and providing education and training services, and related learning support services. Millions of learners each year train for careers in education and training in a variety of settings that offer academic instruction, career and technical instruction, and other education and training services.
- Individuals pursuing a career in the Teaching and Training Pathway not only must be knowledgeable in their subject area, but teachers and trainers must also have the ability to communicate, inspire trust and confidence, and motivate learners, as well as understand their educational and emotional needs. Teachers must be able to recognize and respond to individual differences in diverse learners, and employ different teaching/training methods that will result in higher learner achievement.
- Individuals pursuing a career in the Professional Support Services Pathway represent a variety of highly specialized occupations that are critical to our education and training systems. Counselors, psychologists, social workers, speech-language pathologists and audiologists assist people with personal and family needs, mental health assistance, educational goals and career decision making.
- Individuals pursuing a career in the Administration and Administrative Support Pathway must ensure the smooth operation of any education or training institution through competent administration. Administrators provide direction, leadership and day-to-day management of educational activities in schools, preschools, daycare centers, colleges, universities, businesses and industries, correctional institutions, museums, and job training and community service organizations.
Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Cluster Level Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Teaching and Training Pathway Level Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Professional Support Services Pathway Level Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Administration and Administrative Support Pathway Level Knowledge and Skill Statements