The Architecture and Construction cluster prepares individuals for careers in designing, planning, managing, building, and maintaining the built environment. Individuals pursuing a career in the Architecture and Construction cluster work on new structures, restorations, additions, alterations, and repairs.
- Individuals pursuing a career in Design/Pre-Construction Pathway create our future! They turn a concept into a set of plans. Their plans guide other construction professionals as they continue the building process.
- Individuals pursuing a career in Construction are individuals who build and remodel houses, apartments, industrial buildings, warehouses, office buildings, churches, schools and recreational facilities. This pathway also includes the builders of highways, streets, bridges, tunnels, and airports as well as power plants, chemical plants, refineries, and mills.
- Individuals pursuing a career in Maintenance/Operations Pathway keep our future intact! These are the people who unload, inspect, and move new equipment into position. They determine the optimal placement of machines in a plant, assemble machinery, install machinery, repair machinery and perform preventive maintenance. They detect, diagnose, and correct minor problems on machinery, keep the structure of an establishment in good repair, and maintain the smooth operation of refineries, power plants, chemical plants, and mills.
Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Cluster Level Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Design/Pre-Construction Pathway Level Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Construction Pathway Level Knowledge and Skill Statements
- Maintenance/Operations Pathway Level Knowledge and Skill Statements